1. When was U.S. Silica’s initial public offering?
U.S. Silica’s initial public offering was priced on January 31, 2012 with trading beginning on the New York Stock Exchange on February 1, 2012.
2. What year was U.S. Silica incorporated and in what state?
U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware under the name GGC USS Holdings Inc. on November 14, 2008. That company changed its name to U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc. on July 8, 2011.
3. When is U.S. Silica’s fiscal year-end?
Fiscal year-end is December 31.
4. What is U.S. Silica’s ticker symbol and where is it listed?
U.S. Silica’s common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “SLCA”.
5. What is the CUSIP number of U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc. common stock?
90346E 10 3
6. Who is U.S. Silica’s transfer agent?
Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc.
1717 Arch Street, Suite 1300
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Telephone: (877) 830-4936
7. What do I do if I lose my stock certificate?
If you are a U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc. stockholder of record, contact our Transfer Agent, Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions, Inc. at (877) 830-4936 or at email@example.com.
8. What is U.S. Silica’s dividend policy?
US Silica pays a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.0625 per share. Future dividends will be subject to Board approval.
9. Who is the independent accounting firm for U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc.?
Grant Thornton LLP.
10. How can I get a copy of the annual report?
On U.S. Silica’s website, you can view the company’s annual report and request printed copies by sending an email to IR@ussilica.com.
11. Where can I get a copy of the proxy statement?
On U.S. Silica’s website, you can view the company’s proxy statement and request printed copies by sending an email to IR@ussilica.com
12. How can I get a copy of the materials filed with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC)?
U.S. Silica’s SEC filings are available on the SEC filings section of the website. They are also available on the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov. If you would like a hard copy of any filing please contact us through our Information Request page.
13. How can individual investors listen to the company’s earnings conference calls with analysts?
U. S. Silica Holdings, Inc. provides Webcasts of these conference calls to ensure that all investors have timely and equal access to company information. To hear the conference call, log onto the Investor Relations page and follow the instructions. You must have Windows Media Player or QuickTime installed on your computer.
14. How can I be notified when new information about U.S. Silica becomes available?
You can subscribe to U.S. Silica’s email alert system. The system provides various notification options regarding information on the company’s operations and financial performance.
15. When was U.S. Silica founded?
U.S. Silica has a long-running history dating back over 100 years, when the Pennsylvania Glass Sand Corporation was founded.
16. How many employees does U.S. Silica have?
U.S. Silica has about 825 employees.
17. Where does management come from?
Our management team reflects top leadership, talent and experience from all parts of the business: finance, operations, marketing and business management. For individual biographies please see the “Management” link on the Investor Relations page.
18. What measures does U.S. Silica take to prevent accidents?
U.S. Silica has in place a series of measures to prevent accidents. Our equipment is subjected to frequent and rigorous inspections, maintenance and checks. We have an integrated safety management system and ensure all of our staff is thoroughly trained.
19. How does U.S. Silica address environmental concerns?
We are fully committed to minimizing any impact on the environment at every stage of mine development and operation. During the early stages of mine development, we plan for the ultimate closure of the mine, so we have a well-defined course of action to return the land to the community once our operations have concluded.
20. Does U.S. Silica have a sustainability plan?
As a company, we support and follow the principles of sustainable development. That means we ensure our policies and actions have both environmental and economic value that will last well beyond the life of the mines we are operating, and in the communities where we do business. U.S. Silica publishes its Sustainability Report annually in the Spring.
21. What is U.S. Silica’s business?
U.S. Silica is one of the largest domestic producers of commercial silica, a specialized mineral used in a variety of end markets such as oil and gas proppants, glassmaking and chemical manufacturing.
22. What is frac sand?
Frac sand is used to stimulate and maintain the flow of hydrocarbons from horizontally drilled oil and gas wells. Horizontal drilling has become increasingly popular over the last few years as shale drilling techniques continue to develop.
23. Where are the Company’s main operations?
U.S. Silica has facilities in 14 states situated on or near available mineral resources.